This a recipe that I had to try. Kid classic with a new twist. It’s a cookie! I have to admit I was nervous making these at first. They were not looking like I wanted them too. But in the end they turned out perfect. So happy that I didn’t give up and followed through until the end. This are great for big and little kids a like. Enjoy.
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/4 packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 ts vanilla extract
- 1c flour
- 2/3 c any flavor jam, I think strawberry works the best
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1/3 c sugar, for rolling the balls
- 1 1/2 Tbs creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 c corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add yolk and vanilla, mix again.
- Gentle fold in the flour and salt until everything is well combined. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies and with your thumb or the back of a teaspoon make dents into each cookie. Fill dents with 1/4 ts of jam. Put back in oven and bake for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- In a small sauce pan mix peanut butter and corn syrup until smooth. Using a spoon drizzle peanut butter mixture over cookies.