I have never been one to pass up chocolate, expect if it has nuts in it. I hate nuts and waiting for the brownies to come out of the oven. And how do you make an already yummy treat even better? Add more chocolate. Chocolate chips and a silky smooth mocha glaze. YUMMY!!
I blame my sweet tooth on my parents. I can ‘sneaking’ into my dad’s top dresser draw and taking his chocolate cover cherries during the holiday’s. But I would never open the box first, I waited until it was open. Or getting that chocolate bar when I went food shopping with mom.
I think I have a chocolate problem. I wonder if they have a support group for chocolate lovers?
Chocolate Chip Brownies
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan or two 8-inch square baking pans.
2. Stir together cocoa and baking soda in large bowl; stir in 1/3 cup butter. Add boiling water; stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining 1/3 cup butter; stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla and salt; blend completely. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan, 30 to 35 minutes for square pans or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired. Cut into squares. Makes about 24 brownies.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 ts vanilla
- 2 ts coffee
- In a small sauce pan stir all ingredients together over low heat until well combined.
- Pour over warm brownies and let cool