I end up creating this desserts and meals that I would have never thought of before, usually when I have other things to do that I don’t want to do. Mostly throwing together a bunch of ingredients and hoping that it turns out yummy. I nail it about 99% of the time, I won’t sat 100% because I have had some really big bombs before. But I will never admit that out loud. lol
But I digress, I wanted to make something that would make me feel warm and remind me that spring and summer were just around the corner. I love the winter but only when it snows and I live in an area where it doesn’t snow just get cold. 😦
The warm smell of honey and vanilla just makes your smile and then the burst of fruit flavor in every bite reminds you of the warmer weather that is coming. Even if you frozen fruit it still tastes yummy. 🙂
I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries more for the mixed fruit. Another yummy combo would be peaches and strawberries. I think that might be my next cake. 🙂
Warm Honey Fruit Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs honey
- 1 1/2 ts baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup mixed fruit, fresh or frozen
- 1/8 ts salt
- 3 Tbs butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 375˚F
- In a medium bowl comine flour, egg, sugar, honey, milk, baking powder, butter. Mix until everything is combined.
- Use a spring form plan. Spray the side and bottom of the pan. Pour cake batter into pan.
- Sprinkle fresh or frozen fruit on top of the cake. Do not press the fruit down.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack. Bake at 375˚F for 30-45 minutes or until done. Once baked cool cake on wire rack.