Just because you on are a budget does not mean you have to eat cheap. Steak, I know can be expensive especially when you have a family five. I am a meat and potato kinda girl and I love steak. So I went out to find a way to get the great piece of meat but still stay on budget, and that is how I found flank steak.
For those of you who don’t know flank steak is a tougher piece of meat that needs some tender, love, and care to make it amazing. This looks hard but it is so easy to make. It only has four ingredients and you probably have every thing on hand to begin with. I like to use what I have so I don’t have to spend more money or buy in bulk so it can be used for more then one meal, always a plus. This is a great meal to do on the grill. Your mouth will start to water after just a few minutes after it hits the grill.
This is such a huge hit with my family my kids were crying when we ran out of asparagus
Come visit the Facebook page to see what we are up too!
Steak, Potatoes, & Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1-2 lbs baby red potatoes
- 2 lbs asparagus
- 4 Ts deli mustard, NOT YELLOW MUSTARD
- 1 ts basil
- 2 Ts lemon juice
- 1/2 lbs bacon
- olive oil
- Take the steak and trim off the white membrane as best as you can from both sides.
- In a small bowl mix together the mustard, basil, and lemon. Spread mixture on both sides of the steak and let sit for at least four hours in the refrigerator.
- Trim at least 1/2 inch off the bottom on the asparagus. Take 4 asparagus and wrap them in bacon. Place on cookie sheet. If making a head of time place in refrigerator until ready to cook. If ready to cooky place in oven at 350 degrees and cook until bacon is done and asparagus is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Take potatoes and trim off any parts that are eyes or brown. Cut in half and place in bowl. Drizzle a little olive oil and mix until everything is coated.
- Take potatoes and place on pre heated grill about 10 minutes before adding the steak.
- Once steak is done marinating place on grill. Cook until desired pink is achieved. I like doing it for a medium which takes about 20 minutes. One end of the steak might be thinner then the rest so be careful not to over cook.
- Once potatoes and steak are done remove from grill. Let steak rest for about 5 minutes before cutting. This will help keep the juices in the steak and not run all over your plate. When cutting steak, cut with the grain not against.